Coincidentally last week I personally fanged all the way up to Luna Park to check out French Indie Hellmen, Phoenix, shralping their instrumental teets off. After hearing months ago that their show had sold out in mere milliseconds, and not having access to the required steepling bank account, I had resigned myself to once again missing their glorious pop rock beats being amplified straight into my waiting ears. However mere days before the show I was informed by none other than Chav Michael Murray that they had released tickets to a second show and I went skits asking every one I knew who I though might be interested in getting involved.
After numerous phone calls and toixts i rallied my friend Frosty the frosted up snowman and her and i embarked upon Cityrail's grand services towards Milsons Point station and ultimately luna park. The night was insano with the band smashing out all their classic tunes, even one of my all time favourites "Rally" which they had reportedly omitted from their set the previous night. The only downside of the night was when a couple of lanky teenybopper dudes sidled their way in and perched themselves in directly in front of us. However a loudly made comment on how much of a shit effort it was on their behalf, the conveniently bopped their way behind our line of site once again freeing my mood and the line to the target of my eyeballs. The denouement of the night was one of the most glorious things I have ever seen.
During the last song of their encore, the popular hit 1901, the struck the last notes and the house and stage lights were both turned down to pitch black. Soon the stage lights were once again lit and the musicians were strumming and tapping away replaying the final section of the song. However the singer, Thomas, was nowhere to be seen. As the house lights were turned up the lyrics of the song were once again emanating from the speakers and it became apparent the front man had gone all seacrows and joined the patrons on the floor. He moved among them like and Indie Jesus, before being lifted in the air and carried back to his rightful place on the stage. Choicks were Doiging it.
Here is a brilliant clip of them playing an electric rendition of 1901 directly in front of the Eiffel Tower.
No comments:
Post a Comment