Remember the greatest bodyboarding video of all time, Vague Opportunites? How fuckin good was that video?
That ratboy dude in his full on emo scene days just bro'ing out in some abandoned house with Chris James and Dallas Singer, Brendan Newton doing crazy voiceovers and pulling into even crazier Keiki shoreys, Kingy's Pipe heat of Doom and the Waldron Bros using the best songs to ever grace a bodyboarding video soundtrack...
At The Drive In, Brand New, Thursday, Coheed and Cambria were the 4 main bands this video got me into. I think I was like 15 when I seen this video and it definitely changed my life. Kinda gay thing to say about a bodyboarding video but it is true. I would never have gotten into music as much as I am now if it wasn't for these bands as I really got into good music by looking at these bands main influences.
The main reason I am writing this is because of the Young Ozzies section that features a song called "Hurricane" by Something Corporate. This song is fucking crazy. The ultimate negsesh if you will. 3 minutes and 52 seconds of doom that caused Patrick Woodley to do nothing but sit in his room for 6 weeks and listen to it whilst trying to figure out how to make some redheaded woman his Super-Ultra-Mega-Massive-Dreambabe. 3 minutes and 52 seconds that made Jack Dobinson confess it is the greatest song of all time. I got into Something Corporate really hard after hearing this song and soon found a song by them called "Punk Rock Princess".
What followed after first hearing that song was 5 years and 8 months worth of mixed emotions that finally boiled down to me putting this song onto a blank cd for a Tattooed 20 year old female who I thought would be my Punk Rock Princess. With hopes and aspirations of being her Garage Band King I was sorely mistaken when I was laughed at straight to my face by said woman. I don't care but. This song is fuckin rad even if it is cheesey as fuck. Don't really know where I am going with this tale but I guess I have learnt a lesson from doing what I did. Making mixtape cd's is a bad idea unless you are John Cusack from "High Fidelity" because he is the fucking man and basically wrote the rules when it comes to making a rad mixtape.
Read Jcb Js130 Wiring Diagram Epub
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment