Imagine being famous. It would be the craziest thing in the world. Walking down the street and having someone come up to you and ask you to scribble your signature onto a piece of paper, tshirt or body part would be so bizarre.
I bring up this topic because I want to showcase some of the times I have come into contact with famous people. The closest I have ever come to meeting someone really famous is the time Declan and myself met The Kooks. I'm pretty sure we have posted this on here before but I feel like retelling it even if I dont dig the band that much. We were at the glorious Sydney Cricket Ground on a sweltering January Afternoon, sitting in the Members section of course, when all of a sudden 3 fine young gents dressed head to toe in hats, coats, trousers and chelsea boots approached the 3 vacant seats next to us. After a quick outburst of "modsquad modsquad modsquad" left our mouths at the same time, we were soon conversing with these blokes. After making small talk about their attire and native country, I soon started questioning their occupations. After the lead guitarist informed us they were a band touring Australia, Declan being the music police/vinyl purist he is blurted out "Who are you guys? Razorlight or some shit?". Only to hear the reply "Nah mate we are The Kooks". Calling us dumbfounded would be an understatement. Declan then replied "Oh really? I friggen dig your band heaps".
After that we shared some beers and spoke about Chicks, Dylan and questioned them about how the fuck they weren't dead from dehydration considering they were all wearing 3 layers of clothes and being the absolute men in 38 Degree weather.
Other memorable moments of celebrity meetings include getting a photo with Russell Brand after his show at the Enmore, only to have half my head cut out of the picture. Fuck.
Sitting down next to Simon Katich in Hawaii International Airport and chatting about how much of a hellman Warney is.
Getting called into an old school woonona down beach tube by ultimate hellman/babe Trent Barrett. Then walking up the beach with him chatting about The Dragons and chicks and then seeing an enormous amount of girls watching him and giggling when he was getting changed in the carpark.
Walking past Johnny Greenwood of Radiohead fame at LAX.
Walking past Brett Lee's Designer Mens Wear store in Martin Place, seeing the man himself out front and saying G'day to him.
Sharing a beer with Wollongong Nightlifes Number 1 celebrity James Dixon at the Wollongong Uni Bar.
Sneaking into the Yallah Woolshed when I was 16 to see The Veronicas when they were superhot and managed to get a kiss on the cheek off the hotter twin.
Walking past Massive Babe Lily Allen on George St one day on my lunch break.
Walking into a surf shop in Orange County and saying G'Day to massive hellman Stephen Colletti off Season 1 of Laguna Beach.
Meeting and getting a photo with Australias Next Top Model reject Rebecca Jobson.....Oh hang on a sec this blog is about famous people, not D grade celebs.
That's the end of my rant.
P.S. I have to post a video/song in every post so here you go. I have been diggin this song heaps lately. Everyone should. 1965 proto-punkers The Sonics with their song "psycho".
Read Jcb Js130 Wiring Diagram Epub
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment