So I first heard Bruce Springsteen when I was like 5 thanks to my Dad wanting to be the man himself whilst concocting a potent homebrew in my downstairs garage. My old man used to smash out The River and Born In The USA like there was no tomorrow. I was always diggin The Boss but only really the hits. That soon changed when I was introduced to the album "Born To Run" and I was soon hooked to the mans heart wrenching tales.
At 24 years of age Springsteen really raised the bar for rock n roll when he unleashed this masterpiece on the world. He basically wrote his own version of "Like A Rolling Stone" with the title track "Born To Run". A mixture of punding drums and dreamy keys. But the reason this album is so special is because of the closing track on the album, and my personal favourite, "Jungleland". I talked this song up to my friend Todd for a whole week because he had not heard it. I then sat him down in my loungeroom last night whilst watching the Melbourne fucking Storm kill Manly and played him "Born To Run" in its entirety.
Suspense was killing him as we tentively made our way through "Thunder Road", past "Backstreets" and finally wound up in "Jungleland". He sat there for 9:33 seconds and not a word was said. Mixed emotions were felt as a piano introduction lead into a firey guitar solo then followed by the greatest piece of Saxophone work of all time thanks to Clarence Clemons.
As the needle was finally lifted on the record the mans life was changed forever. A mixture of emotional poetry and woodwind experimentation had blown young Todds life.
This shit is pretty much my life and I want everyone here to experience it. So I urge you all to watch this Video of Bruce and his E Street Band performing the song in 1975 just after it was released.
Read Jcb Js130 Wiring Diagram Epub
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment