Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pop Punk Crazy


I dunno about you, but when I was like 14 and heaps into cheesey pop punk (which actually hasn't changed), I thought it was the greatest music ever. New Found Glory, The Starting Line and The Get Up Kids were my life. Around this time I got introduced to a band from America called Mest by watching heaps of bodyboarding vids.
Mest actually had the worst look, lyrics and message but I was stupid enough to eat it up.

I hadn't listened to these guys in about 4 years and never really showed any interest. That was until early 2007 when the internet went wild with claims that lead singer Tony Lovato had stabbed a dude, killing him in the process and leaving him with a $1 million bail penalty on his head.

Hellman eventually got let off with no penalty as he apparently was using self defense when he stabbed and killed his current girlfriends ex boyfriend. This is pretty crazy and made me think. This dude wrote shit lyrics, wore even worse clothes and bro'd out with the Madden Brothers of Good Charlotte but now has a murder trial for his resume. Homeboy has killed a dude. That is punxxx as fuck. Even if he was in a shit poppy band this guy puts every hardxcore brocore 1980s hardcore revivalist band to shame because he actually killed a man and nearly did hard time in da pen. Crazy.

Anyway the point of this blog is to tell everyone that MEST are actually reformed and are coming to Australia. But wait it gets better. They are playing Wollongong Uni Bar!!! But wait it gets even better!!! It is on my 21st birthday!!! HA!

I reckon everyone should make an appearance for a little trip down memory lane to hear classic cheeseball pop punk anthems such as "Jaded" "Drawing Board" "Misunderstood" and "Fuct Up Kid".

Here is the info

Fri 13th Nov - Uni Bar, Wollongong 18+ / 7:30pm
Tickets Thru - Redback Music + bigtix.com.au + Venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment