Sunday, May 24, 2009

No Wavves

Since I returned from a surfing holiday overseas at the start of march, I have surfed like 4 times. That is because I am a tradie/40 hour week dude who wakes up with no sun, gets home with no sun and only catches a glimpse of glorious lines of swell whilst peering out the train window at Stanwell Park on dusk.

Although this sucks not being able to get on the boogs during the week when the crowds are few (yeah right) and the waves are pumpin, I get to ride my own waves through my little ipod headphones.

Wavves is a one piece band consisting of San Diego 22 year old skater Nathan Williams. I've been told all this dude does is smoke a truckload of weed and record songs in his bedroom through garage band. What a man!



He has put out two LPs and is getting pretty big now due to internet hype. His sound reminds me of Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys in his surf rock days fronting the Jesus and Mary Chain with 1960s girl group The Ronettes on back up vox. Pretty fuckin rad combination one does think.

Check out his myspace at www.myspace.com/wavves or his Band/Hip-Hop blog http://ghostramp.blogspot.com/


P.S. It is Dylan's 68th Birthday today so I thought I would post this video of him playing "Isis" in 1975 with a head (and face) full of cocaine. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment