Monday, May 25, 2009

10 Questions With Ryan Mattick


Bearded man, Wetsuit maker, Self-Proclaimed Wordsmith; Ryan Mattick is a man of many talents. With his new wetsuit venture ZION about to hit stores and the follow up to ZIONs first bodyboarding film being released later this year, I thought I would get an insight into the mans life with a few quick Q's.

1) What made you want to create a wetsuit company?


When I was about 16 those old billabong oscillators came out, the ones rawlins and hardy used to wear. I thought they were so sick. Since around that time it became apparent that boogin could do with some real cool rubber, with cool designs n chit. Bryce thurston and I were both obsessed with the rawlins suit, then i became further obsessed with kingys rejected suit, the blue black and white one. Since then it was just like I had to do it, ya know... even though bruce beat me to it.

2) What does a day in the life of ryan mattick consist of?

Wake up from crazy dream to talking clock alarm.
Eat. Listen to Sufjan. Morning business times.
Beanstalk cafe hangs. Post lunch business times.
Chick hangs. Chick dinner hangs. Chick movie hangs.
Unless theres waves and Ill be going skitz with my boys james cakes skitzlay and kootdog Cayley + massive novelty foreskin.

3) How is the sequel to flux coming along?

So good. The koot section is gonna go off. Theres gonna be some massive 'eurekas' at teh gong premo. Check feverdreamthemusical.blogspot.com for some cool chit.

4) Where did the name "zion" come from?

Its biblical. means heaven. unless of course you are a radical islamic extremist then its takes a whole new meaning... haha heaven in a suit mate, heaven in a suit...

5) What tunes have u been diggin as of late?

Sufjan as always, i bet you asked that question just so I would say Sufjan.

6) Would you consider james dixon an alcoholic or just a man desperate to impress females?

Impress drunken women with his ginormous qualities...

7) How did you fill your mind with such knowledgable information when it comes to literature?

The original wordsmith. Adam crashy Benwell. In Ireland once, he purchased a dictionary so he could touch up his vocab. Believe me when I say its incredibly addictive. dictionary.com is also very insightful.

8) Is there a ZION novel/novella in the works?

It's more of a musical called fever dream.

9) Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Still a wordsmith. possibly as old as dav is now. slightly more decrepid.

10) When the heck are zion suits being released???

First thing mondy mate, first thing mondy...


Head to http://www.myspace.com/zionsuits for info on ZION wetsuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment