Thursday, April 16, 2009

Record Store Day




So, this saturday the 18th of April is Record Store Day.

If your a fan of consumerism then I suggest you pop into your local independent record store to buy a CD/LP/EP/single or whatever format of music your into to show your support.

Do everyone a favour and steer clear of shit stores like Sanity and HMV as those fools don't need your money, whereas rad little stores such as Repressed Records (http://www.repressedrecords.com/) and Bravery, Repetition and Noise Records (www.myspace.com/braveryrepetitionandnoiserecords) need your support.

I will be going skitz at Glebe record fair and spending in excess of $200 on vinyl to feed my healthy obsession.

Some awesome bands/artists such as Sonic Youth, Bob Dylan, Talking Heads, Leonard Cohen and The Jesus Lizard will be releasing some special Record Store day material aswell which I think is super cool. Check out the following link to see a complete list of all the artists getting involved with day.

http://recordstoreday.com/Page/642

No comments:

Post a Comment