Monday, December 6, 2010

Happier Times

At this present time in my life I am currently fanging around completing a four week block teaching little tackers how to live their lives being dudes at Cozza public school. Originally I thought this would be a glorious set of circumstances as I would have more than enough bligs to shralp around the 5 week holiday period of redemption that all teachers live for. 

However, about 3.7549403 seconds after accepting the job I realised the folly of my ways. You see the first week of my block happened to coincide with the opening ball of the ashes and I was losing my mind in anticipation of all the glorious cricket I was about to miss. Initially I attempted to compensate by keeping the live score card open in a tab on the interactive whiteboard or listening to the radio commentary on my i-pod during class and when I was studying from the book of Deuteronomy (on playground duty). 

However I swiftly reached the conclusion that it was probably not in my best interests to lose my job while listening to Alistair Cook crack another boundary and the England/South African hybrid super team (probably inspired by the Broken Down/English Willow combination and North Wollongong Indoor Sports Centre) go on to post 5/473993745775845839920202 declared.  As a result I have pretty much given up and it is only with a slight hope, that I know in my heart of hearts is but a fools hope, that I even check the score at lunch and recess.

So while we are praying to Allah/Buddah/Jesus/Yaweh/Captain Planet for rain to save us from certain defeat in the current test I have decided to post a series of videos that document infinitely better times to lift us out of this Monday spiral or doom. 





No comments:

Post a Comment