Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Origin

State of Origin is actually one of my favourite events of each and every year. Usually I consider myself to be quite a liberal kind of fellow who would much rather live and let live, than let animosity over such trivial things as the state one was born in cloud my assessment of ones character. However on this dark and stormy night, it is safe to say that I fucking hate Queensland and everything that is even slightly affiliated with our northern neighbours. From Queensland tech booging rippos, to high rises on the beach, to the Gold Coast Titans, to Meter Maids, Mathew Hayden and the mid strength Four X beer they sell at the footy, I peer over it with a disdain and contempt that runs near the core of me. 

State of Origin would not work unless Queensland were such coints. Their little brother mentality and the way they always try and position themselves as underdogs, even if they have three quarters of the the Australian side playing for them (as they have this year) means that they are always scrapping for the win and possess the most frustrating version of a "never say die" attitude that I have had the misfortune to witness. As a result Queensland are always dangerous and the contests are fierce and tight. Furthermore, it means they can not really deal with losing and start to lose their minds if things don't go their way and often resort to questionable tactics, as witnessed as they lost the final game last year. Shit can get wild.

So In about 2 hours I will be off my teets on happiness when the game kicks off and I will be definitely amped to see those fuckers from north of border get properly pumped. 

Check these clips to get you excited




1 comment:

  1. Ive replaced origin with Eurovision. I feel similair hate for those disco cunts from serbia and montenegro.

    ReplyDelete