Of course the love of a man and a woman, in the purest possible sense, is considered as the apotheosis of love and culminates in eternal union. However, while this is clearly spouting cynical truisms, most of the times when choicks and dudes babe out together it falls apart eventually, after days, weeks or years, leaving two humans negging their collective front and back teets off, with nothing but a new found resentment for the opposite sex to show for it.
I have previously mentioned that I have an undying, unabashed love for the St George Illawarra Dragons Rugby League Team. It all began around the age of four when my Father's preference for the fortunes of this team were passed down to me by my Father. While in my Mothers heart of hearts she wished that I would follow her own team, the Balmain Tigers, my fate was sealed when I first watched the might of the Red V run out on Kogarah oval when I was 5 years old.
However while this love is one that has far out lasted any love affair that I have ever had, and unless they fold will always be my longest love, it has delivered me more pain and anguish than any babe ever could. Four losing Grand Finals, multiple failings at the penultimate hurdle, losing when when victory seemed assured, being the first Minor Premiers ever to be knocked out without winning a Semi Final and leaving me feeling empty form months on end at the end of every season, before luring me back in with lies, deceit and empty promises of a better season or coach or team or halfback or stadium each and every year.
So in this secular age when science has gotten involved in doing everything possible to make humans believe that God does not exist and that this little planet that we are on is all we can hope for, our only hope of salvation is in finding a love so pure that it can withstand all the forces of this world and make us truly happy. Luckily I have found it. Today a couple of friends and I went to look at the waves and we settled upon going out Headlands, our beautiful local reef. Out in the sea directly off this fortunately shaped piece of rock I have had some of my most treasured times and have become acquainted with several hellmen that I now count as my dearest friends. No matter what my mood, my prospects, how much study I had to do or how intense life has seemed, this little place has always offered fun times without asking for anything in return. I would love nothing more than to go get involved with it tomorrow and each and every time it breaks for the rest of my life.
I know most of what I just wrote is both ridiculous and verbose and probably complete shit. But I was bored and found this Headlands video on youtube. It features a plethora of my friends riding the ocean, predominantly out this spot and was mostly captured several years ago so is quite entertaining to say the least.
No comments:
Post a Comment