Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Spoincer Skoipper

Spencer Skipper is the archetypical hellman. This man has been shralping all over the planet since the times before I even knew what a boogieboard was. His swirling reverses off the top, his trademark leg spread over crazy pipe ledges and his ability to make lying on your belly while sliding across a wave seem like the greatest of all humanities accomplishments have led to a legion of followers swearing their allegiance to Skip on every corner of this circular globe of ours. Last year I nearly did a wee in my pants when I merely gazed upon his Hawaain face when Patrick and I were checking headlands. On that occasion I was far to star struck to even say hello, however fate has given me the opportunity to make a mends as Skip will be appearing in Wollongong SWS tomorrow. Get involved if the poignancy of this moment resonates with you and you wish to lose your mind like you were a 15 year old beholding the 2001 shark island contest. If you do not know what all the fuss is about, or simply need a gentle reminder of how glorious this man looks when he is taming the open ocean.




No comments:

Post a Comment